List of Resources
Helpful links to various types of financial resources for animal lovers (opens in a new tab).
- Pet Ownership Costs Guide via The SimpleDollar.com
- Fiscal Tiger’s Guide – The Cost of Owning a Dog
- Financial Aid for Pets via Pet Guardian Angels of America
- Help Paying Vet Bills via Your Dog’s Friend
- The Humane Society of the United States – Resources
- Daisy Cares – San Antonio
- The Onyx & Breezy Foundation
Service Dog Assistance Funding:
IRS: Guide Dog or Other Service Animal
“You can include in medical expenses the costs of buying, training, and maintaining a guide dog or other service animal to assist a visually impaired or hearing disabled person, or a person with other physical disabilities.* In general, this includes any costs, such as food, grooming, and veterinary care, incurred in maintaining the health and vitality of the service animal so that it may perform its duties.”
*The Americans With Disabilities Act has now included psychiatric service dogs in the description of other physical disabilities. Therefore, anyone suffering from such conditions as PTSD, TBI, anxiety disorders, depression, etc. would be able to benefit from the same assistance.
Most veterinarians offer a 10%-25% discount on medical treatment for Service Dogs. Ask your favorite vet about their discount policy.
A smart repertoire of fundraising ideas is hard to come by despite its importance to success. With that in mind, here is a carefully curated list of tips and tricks on how to make your fundraiser more successful.