PTSD, TBI, MEDICAL ALERT, PSYCHIATRIC, RETRIEVAL
Meet Sassy Sir!!
Sir is a 1 year old, 50 lbs., American Staffordshire Mix. Sir is not neutered.
Sir is full of energy and loves to play with his foster sister. He makes good eye contact and quickly responds to redirection when distracted.
Sir likes going on walks however he does pull a little but he responds to redirection and is definitely a pleaser. Sir is crate trained, knows basic commands such as Sit and Stay, and he is currently working on Down.
Sir would be suited for a handler older than 7 years of age (regardless of gender), who’s age appropriate activity level is equal to daily exercise that is equal to walking for 1 hour and 45 minutes at 4mph or jogging for 50 minutes per day. Spending a good part of the day doing some physical activity.
Quick assessment of Sir:
- Is in good health
- Is willing to ‘snuggle’ and be held close
- Willing to be petted and touched on all parts of its body, including back legs and on the face without incident
- Makes good eye contact and holds contact for 10 seconds or more
- Seems to be genuinely interested its “person” and seeks attention
- Responds to praise and petting
- Allows hand in its mouth without incident
- Treat motivated for training
- Not easily frightened (a response to a loud noise is to be expected, but the dog should not show excessive fear)
- Is friendly, calm, and generally “laid back” around all ages of children and male and female adults
- Exhibits no excessive barking (training can correct this behavior)
- Shows absolutely NO signs of aggression toward other dogs or people
- Absolutely no history of aggression
- Is microchipped
- Not up to date on vaccinations
- Not on monthly preventives
- Unknown relations with cats
We do not transport dogs as there are numerous dogs across the country that need a forever home and have the potential to be a Service Dog. Our dogs have been assessed as potential Service Dogs but have not been trained yet. That training occurs when paired with their handler. This enhances the bond between dog and owner.