PTSD, TBI, MEDICAL ALERT, PSYCHIATRIC
Meet Sassy Silverado!!
Silverado is a neutered, 11-month-old, 65 lbs., Mastiff mix
Silverado or Ado as he is affectionately known, is a wonderful boy. He is smart, willing to learn, and such a happy friendly boy. He has lots of confidence yet calm and gentle, perfect for PTSD training. He also likes to chase a ball, so retrieval could be taught this smart boy! He also has the most wonderful eye contact and does natural covers whichh is great for those with anxiety and PTSD.
Ado lives in a foster home with another small dog and grandchildren who visit and he is great with everyone. He knows sit and walks well on a leash. House trained and up to date on everything. This boy is ready for a new home!
Ado would be suited in a home where he can be the center of attention. While he is good with other dogs, to get the best out of this beautiful boy, he would be suited in a home with few other animals for less distraction as he does love to play!
Silverado would be suited for any aged handler (regardless of gender), who’s age appropriate activity level is equal daily living only, such as shopping, cleaning, watering plants, taking out the trash, walking the dog, mowing the lawn and gardening. No moderate or vigorous activities.
Silverado’s rescue requires an application process and a signed training contract with Service Dog Express.
Quick assessment of Silverado:
- Is in good health
- Is willing to ‘snuggle’ and be held close
- Willing to be petted and touched on all parts of its body, including back legs and on the face without incident
- Makes good eye contact and holds contact for 10 seconds or more
- Seems to be genuinely interested its “person” and seeks attention
- Responds to praise and petting
- Allows hand in its mouth without incident
- Treat motivated for training
- When walking, is more interested on its “person” than on other distractions (other people, dogs) – Responds to ‘leave it’
- Not easily frightened (a response to a loud noise is to be expected, but the dog should not show excessive fear)
- Is friendly, calm, and generally “laid back” around all ages of children and male and female adults
- Exhibits no excessive barking (training can correct this behavior)
- Shows absolutely NO signs of aggression toward other dogs or people
- Absolutely no history of aggression
- Is microchipped
- Up to date on vaccinations
- On monthly preventives
- Unknown relation with cats
We do not transport dogs as there are numerous dogs across the country that need a forever home and have the potential to be a Service Dog. Our dogs have been assessed as potential Service Dogs but have not been trained yet. That training occurs when paired with their handler. This enhances the bond between dog and owner.