PTSD, TBI, PSYCHIATRIC, MOBILITY, RETRIEVAL
Meet Eager Ellie!!
Ellie is a 3 ½ year old, 65 lbs., German Shepherd Mix. She is not spayed, but will need to be so as a Service Dog.
Ellie is Adorable!!! She loves praise, petting, and interaction with her owner; she is more than willing to please.
She makes wonderful eye contact and is great at accepting and executing basic commands. She does need some work at other more complex commands, but she learns quickly and is highly intelligent.
With her willingness to please, and the right trainer, she will execute all and every command taught in a short and timely manner.
Ellie loves people of all ages and with her temperament, she gets along with other animals as well.
Quick assessment of Ellie:
- Is in good health
- Is willing to ‘snuggle’ and be held close
- Willing to be petted and touched on all parts of its body, including back legs and on the face without incident
- Makes good eye contact and holds contact for 10 seconds or more
- Seems to be genuinely interested it’s “person” and seeks attention
- Responds to praise and petting
- Allows hand in its mouth without incident
- Treat and praised motivated for training
- Not easily frightened (a response to a loud noise is to be expected, but the dog should not show excessive fear)
- Is friendly, calm, and generally “laid back” around all ages of children and male and female adults
- Exhibits no excessive barking (training can correct this behavior)
- Shows absolutely NO signs of aggression toward other dogs or people
- Absolutely no history of aggression
- Up to date on vaccinations
- On monthly preventives
- Unknown relations with cats
We do not transport dogs as there are numerous dogs across the country that need a forever home and have the potential to be a Service Dog. Our dogs have been assessed as potential Service Dogs but have not been trained yet. That training occurs when paired with their handler. This enhances the bond between dog and owner.