PSYCHIATRIC, PTSD, TBI, MEDICAL ALERT, RETRIEVAL
Meet Charming Charlie!!
Charlie is a 7 month old, 9 lbs., neutered Chihuahua mix.
He is very loving, ready to please, and attentive to the people around him. He is very social with all dogs both large and small. Those with mental & emotional disabilities would benefit greatly from a small dog like Charlie.
Charlie was rescued by his current foster family around 4 months of age. They have lovingly nursed him back to health and provided a great foundation for this pup to be a great Service Dog to someone in need.
Charlie would be suited for a handler of any age (regardless of gender), whose activities of daily living, such as shopping, cleaning, watering plants, taking out the trash, walking the dog, mowing the lawn and gardening. No moderate or vigorous activities.
The foster family absolutely love Charlie and want him to go to a special home where he is able to have purpose and receive love.
Quick assessment of Charlie:
- Is in good health
- Is willing to ‘snuggle’ and be held close
- Willing to be petted and touched on all parts of its body, including back legs and on the face without incident
- Makes good eye contact and holds contact for 10 seconds or more
- Seems to be genuinely interested its “person” and seeks attention
- Responds to praise and petting
- Allows hand in its mouth without incident
- Treat-motivated for training
- Not easily frightened (a response to a loud noise is to be expected, but the dog should not show excessive fear)
- Is friendly, calm, and generally “laid back” around all ages of children and male and female adults
- Exhibits no excessive barking
- Shows absolutely NO signs of aggression toward other dogs or people
- Absolutely no history of aggression
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Not on monthly preventives
- Unknown relations with cats
We do not transport dogs as there are numerous dogs across the country that need a forever home and have the potential to be a Service Dog. Our dogs have been assessed as potential Service Dogs but have not been trained yet. That training occurs when paired with their handler. This enhances the bond between dog and owner.