PTSD, TBI, PSYCHIATRIC
Meet Awesome Archie!!
Archie is a 2 year old, 55lbs., neutered White Shepherd Lab Mix.
Archie is a sweet calm loving boy. He is great on leash and knows sit.
Archie is very people and dog friendly, sweet, trainable and enjoys treats. He is calm, laid back, and would benefit someone with anxiety issues to help maintain calm.
Archie would be suited for a handler older than 7 years of age (regardless of gender), who would be able to exercise her regularly. For example, 15-20 minutes of activity, such as walking or jogging daily. No moderate or vigorous activities.
Archie’s rescue requires an application process and a signed training contract with Service Dog Express.
Quick assessment of Archie:
- Is in good health
- Is willing to ‘snuggle’ and be held close
- Willing to be petted and touched on all parts of its body, including back legs and on the face without incident
- Makes good eye contact and holds contact for 10 seconds
- Seems to be genuinely interested its “person” and seeks attention
- Responds to praise and petting
- Allows hand in its mouth without incident
- Treat-motivated for training
- When walking, is more interested on its “person” than on other distractions (other people, dogs) – Responds to ‘leave it’
- Not easily frightened (a response to a loud noise is to be expected, but the dog should not show excessive fear)
- Is friendly, calm, and generally “laid back” around all ages of children and male and female adults
- Exhibits no excessive barking
- Shows absolutely NO signs of aggression toward other dogs or people
- Absolutely no history of aggression
- Dog is microchipped
- Up to date on vaccinations
- On monthly preventives
- Unknown relations with cats
We do not transport dogs as there are numerous dogs across the country that need a forever home and have the potential to be a Service Dog. Our dogs have been assessed as potential Service Dogs but have not been trained yet. That training occurs when paired with their handler. This enhances the bond between dog and owner.